Big E for Commuter Students
Welcome to EKU! As one of many first-year commuter students, being a part of the Big E Welcome will ensure you begin your college journey successfully.
At the Big E Welcome you will:
- EXCITE your Colonel spirit by embracing EKU traditions and embarking on your individual “Eastern Experience.”
- EXCHANGE dialogue, ideas, and perspectives with faculty, staff, and peers to connect with the greater EKU community.
- EXCEL inside and outside the classroom by establishing positive habits that will help make you a successful Colonel at EKU and beyond.
How will the Big E Welcome benefit me as a commuter student?
- Learn what it means to be a student at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Make connections with other fellow commuter students and peers.
- Identify campus resources that will enhance your time as a student both on and off campus.
Do I need to pay anything to participate?
No, the experience comes at no charge to EKU students.
Where will I park?
Designated parking will be provided. Further information on parking lot locations will be shared closer to the start of the Fall 2018 semester via firstyear.eku.edu.
Where do I check in?
Commuter Check-In is 4:00 - 5:30 PM on Friday, August 17 in the Whitlock Building (first floor). You will receive your nametag and other fun items!
Where can I learn more information?
The Big E Welcome schedule can be found by clicking the link here. You will receive information in the mail as well. We can’t wait to see you at the Big E Welcome!
With questions, please contact:
Student Life and First-Year Experience